Blacks Ruin Fourth of July in Chicago; Few Surprised
Jul 5th, 2012 by Unamused
Yup. That’s why we’re doing this. Nooooo other reason.
All right, all right! I admit it: for various reasons best left unexplored, none of which are in any way my fault, the main Hate Laboratory here at Unamusement Park is currently, well, sort of underwater (fifteen feet and rising), and until I can (a) stop the flooding or (b) transfer enough equipment to the Hate Submarine that the Gratuitous French Girl and I can continue ‘Park operations from there, I have no choice but to put Project Vanquish on hold.
What a shame. (Totally not my fault.)
But wait! It’s the fifth of July — the perfect time to dust off our racist Twitter trick!
Racist Twitter Trick 4: Revenge of the Killer Racist Twitter Trick
We first ran this fascinating exercise in media studies in June of last year, when a mob of “unruly teenagers” trashed a street fair in Cleveland Heights. We pulled it off again on the fifth of July (2011), when Baltimore’s Inner Harbor was rocked by raceless violence, and once more, for the nationwide crime spree on Halloween.
In case you’ve forgotten the details of the so-called racist Twitter trick (patent pending), we’re going to log in to Twitter and search for interesting combinations of words — “fireworks, black,” for instance, and “someone got shot at the fireworks” — to see what the mainstream media cannot be bothered to report about the sadly predictable mass violence on Independence Day this year.
Let’s start with Chicago (33% black, 32% white, 29% Hispanic).
Independence Day Violence in Chicago, According to the Mainstream Media
From chicago.cbslocal.com: “Sources: 28 Arrested In Series Of Overnight Mob Attacks” (July 5, 2012).
Sources say at least 28 people were arrested overnight for a series of violent attacks across the city, including 11 arrested for beating a man leaving the July 4th fireworks at Navy Pier.
Among the victims was college student Brandon Trebbien, who was beaten and hit in the face by a group of juveniles near Dearborn and Huron streets just after 11 p.m. Wednesday night. Trebbien was leaving the city’s July 4th fireworks show at Navy Pier, which had just ended a short time before the attack.
After beating Trebbien, the assailants ran off, but police caught 11 suspects.
One of the teens allegedly resisted arrest, and punched and kicked several officers as he was taken into custody.
That 15-year-old faces several juvenile charges, including one felony count of aggravated battery, two felony counts of aggravated battery to a police officer, and three felony counts of resisting arrest.
One adult — 18-year-old Darnell D. Johnson, of the 11000 block of South Esmond Street — was charged with misdemeanor mob action.
Nine other juveniles — a 17-year-old, six 16-year-olds, a 15-year-old, and a 14-year-old — were also charged with mob action.
Sources told CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot that 17 other people were arrested overnight for other mob attacks across the city.
Menatime, Trebbien was speaking out about the attack that left him seriously injured.
Trebbien suffered bruising to his face, a cut to his ear, and two fractured teeth. In a phone interview, Trebbien said he was walking with some friends in the River North area when they were approached by a group of teenagers.
One teen then bumped into Trebbien, then punched him twice for no apparent reason.
“The second blow actually disoriented me quite a bunch, and then my head hit some bricks, and knocked me out for probably a minute or so,” Trebbien said. “I was actually unconscious according to the police.”
According to a police report, the same teens were darting in and out of traffic just before the attack, causing a commotion about a block away. Police officers who were directing traffic told them to stop repeatedly.
Then, members of the group dared each other to carry out a random attack, as police were nearby.
“They still were just bold enough to come up and start doing that,” Trebbien said.
“It didn’t even phase them” that police were standing right there, he added.
According to the police report, as the teens ran away, they laughed about the attack while pushing other pedestrians to the ground, and jumping on top of passing cars.
“I don’t think it was funny at all,” he said. “There’s plenty other ways to have fun than just seeking out violence.”
Sure, if you’re a civilized human being.
Downtown mob attacks have been making headlines this summer for the second year in a row, particularly during one steamy weekend back in early June.
In one attack, a 36-year-old doctor from Northwestern Memorial Hospital was attacked by a mob of 10 to 20 teenagers on the night of Sunday, June 10 as he was walking home from work along Dewitt Place, near the Museum of Contemporary Art. That man suffered a head injury, but was able to walk on his own after the attack.
The night before, a 23-year-old man was beaten up on the CTA Red Line near the State-Lake stop by a group of about six teenagers.
The teens had just stolen the man’s 27-year-old female friend’s iPhone 4S. She had dropped the phone, and a teen had picked it up and taken it for himself. The man told the teen to give his wife her iPhone back. But they instead began punching him in the face.
Also that Saturday night, two men — one from Chicago, the other in town from Michigan — were attacked by a teen mob in the 500 block of North State Street. One victim was left with a broken jaw, the other suffered a cut lip.
In that case, the suspected muggers were apprehended quickly. They fled, but officers caught up with them on Kinzie Street between State Street and Wabash Avenue. Ten people were arrested.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy pointed out last month that there were also similar mob attacks last summer, and his department was able to get the problem under control. He said he believes they’ll be able to do it again this year, and it’s a matter of making sure his officers are where they’re supposed to be, to prevent these incidents from happening.
By “similar mob attacks last summer,” he means the eight straight days (at least) of brutal, senseless, targeted black-on-white mob violence we covered in detail last June.
Of course, every single one of these “juveniles” (and “teens” and “juveniles” and “teenagers” and “teens” and “members” and “teenagers” and “teens” and “teens” and “men”) was black, and their victims were probably all white, though there might have been a couple of Asians as well.
Here’s the CTA Red Line mob, for instance.
And here’s one of the victims of the Pearson Street mob.
But however shall we prove this?
Independence Day Violence in Chicago, According to Black People
Let’s search Twitter for “navy pier, black” and see what we come up with. I’ll keep it simple: sorted by date, with Twitter username, race, time, number of re-Tweets, if any, and the Tweet itself.
Note that the very first Tweet, which was re-Tweeted by over 100 (black) people, is from July 4 at 2:49 am. That’s almost 24 hours before the violence.
4th Of July + Navy Pier + Black People = 1,000 ways to die ..
Well, that sort of renders the other few hundred unique Tweets redundant. Nevertheless, here are some of them.
- Dat_NiggaSmooky, black, 2:49 am, re-Tweeted over 100 times: 4th Of July + Navy Pier + Black People = 1,000 ways to die ..
- AYOO_SHE_A1, black, 2:26 pm, re-Tweeted once: nevermind i dont wanna go to navy pier no more too many ignorant black kids going nbs [no bullshit]
- OGPreyKTA, black, 4:38 pm, re-Tweeted 4 times and apparently referring to a rumor that the fireworks show at Navy Pier was canceled: Navy Pier probably tellin yall that shit , so they can Decrease the amount of yall black asses thats coming!
- BakOnMyGrizzy23, black, 6:27 pm: Navy Pier + Da HEAT + Ghetto BLACK MF’s [motherfuckers] = 1,000 Wayz Of Dying
- BeautyInDhaEyes, black, 7:00 pm: Wanna go navy pier n I dmt too many black folks gone b there n dey get outta control
- LilDreSkii, black, 8:20 pm: All these ratchet black mfs [motherfuckers] just wanna feel included. Everyone don’t need to go to navy pier. Y’all like to shoot gtfo [get the fuck out]
- YesImGorgeous_, black, 8:23 pm: Heat+ 4th Of July + Navy Pier + Black People = 1,000 Ways 2 Die
- INK_MyBodie, black, 9:02 pm: Danyah just persuaded ME to go to navy pier with her & I’m scared of all these black people, someone come save ME pleaseeeee.
- Woah_ThatTickle, black, 9:02 pm: I wanted to go to navy pier but its finna [gonna] be toooo many black people so imma go to veterans park cuz my sister said it was decent last year
- TruelyJanelle, black, 10:01 pm: Black People embarrassing themselves at Navy Pier!
- Bri_NoFeelings, black, 10:05 pm: Its too many black people at navy pier lbs [laughing but serious]
- Amina_da_GAWD, black, 10:14 pm: Navy pier x Too many black ppl [people] x fireworks = fuckery
- BowsNnuggets, black, 10:16 pm: I don’t like how black people are playing navy pier trying to shoot ghetto ass fireworks.
- HaterZ_WelcomE, black, 10:27 pm: This white girl and black firl [girl] were just BOXING at navy pier
- Deep_Chris_Jay, black, 10:34 pm: Too hot be downtown..too many black folk…i love yall n wish ppl [people] i love n care for who r down there at navy pier to b careful
- ChinnyGotItAll, black, 10:53 pm: Shooting at navy pier only when too many black people in one place
- ashleylouise__, black, 11:21 pm: @_RiahhRose Navy Pier! I mean…smh [shaking my head]. It was so bad. Black ghetto girls tryna [trying to] fight a white girl. The white girl whooped her and then..
- JuicyJae_, black, 11:44 pm, re-Tweeted once: Who tf [the fuck] shoots at navy pier. Like y’all starting to make black people really look bad
- HeDiggnNeicyOUT, black, 11:51 pm: I bet they were black. RT @RepresentedAsMe: My cousin told me navy pier was closed cause ignorant ass kids was fightin
Recall that “shaking my head” (“SMH”) is how black people traditionally express their displeasure at other black people on Twitter.
- Phill_T_Rich, black, 12:10 am: Black ppl [people] was so ignant tho [ignorant though] at Navy Pier
- INK_MyBodie again, black, 12:10 am, re-Tweeted twice: This Is My Last Time Ever Going Back To Navy Pier On The 4th, I’m Not Even Kidding, I ABSOLUTELY HATE BLACK PEOPLE NBS [no bullshit]
- LaBeauteNatural, black, 1:06 am: Went to Navy Pier earlier for the fireworks… waaaaay toooo many black people. lol [laughing out loud].
- JustSayImDaBest, black, 1:21 am: And I hear Navy Pier sh.t got shut down and I hope I don’t offend anyone…but it’s funny that happens when a whole bunch of black ppl [people] go
- Sweet_MeliD, black, 1:36 am: Come on black people. You shut down navy pier now they not letting ppl [people] get off the train downtown unless they live down here…
- Jalen_Izdat_Guy, black, 1:59 am: The fight(s) at Navy Pier were crazy and hilarious..every black person got kicked out.
- Aw_Ok_COOL, black, 2:16 am: This B*tch Got Her Ass Beat At Navy Pier…, Black People Don’t Know How To Act !!
- Frosted_Flakes7, black, 2:25 am: Im NEVER Goin Back 2 Navy Pier Again On The 4th BLACK PEOPLE DONT KNOW ACT WHEN THEY GET AROUND EACHOTHER Its Sad
- _Krystianity, black, 2:46 am: Gggggggggggggg, they was fighting at Navy Pier. Hella white people can officially believe all black people are ghetto. -___-
- mad_libsss, black, 2:37 am, re-Tweeted twice: Lmfao [laughing my fucking ass off] that fight at navy pier was hilarious. It was between this teenage black girl and old Mexican lady.
- BLACK_HOODLUM, uh… black, 2:51 am: Just got in the crib [home] from Navy Pier and DT, shit getting critical out here
- ChinnyGotItAll again, black, 9:55 am: “When 1 black person run, they ALL run” that was Navy Pier yesterday
- payy_meee, black, 10:39 am: heard yall didnt exactly have “fun” at Navy Pier.. lmao [laughing my ass off] dumbass’s were black teens we cant do shit like that’ fuck was yall thinking tss [disapproving noise]?
- BigDaddyNa, black, 12:21 pm: Yesterday was crazy at navy pier it was took man GHETTO black people WAIT WTF Am I saying? Lmao [laughing my ass off]
- SniperMinded, black, 4:30 pm: This girl said she aint goin to Navy Pier because its 1000 ways to die. Lol [laughing out loud] she said black folks, drinkin liquor, and fireworks..
- Frapp_YoCCino, black, 6:45 pm: It was too many black people at navy pier yesterday.
So What Have We Learned?
Obviously, black people were responsible for the entire “series of violent attacks across the city” in Chicago on Independence Day this year. We already knew that, but it’s nice to have proof. Unfortunately, it is equally obvious that, proof or no proof, the mainstream media will not report this little detail.
Furthermore, since — as we all know — black people can’t ever be “racist” (whatever that means), we are now in a position to update our Officially Not Racist list. Remember, none of this can possibly be “racist,” because a black person said it. Huzzah!
- Black people “don’t know how to act” when they are around one another, which is sad.
- As a result, the presence of too many black people, let alone “waaaaay toooo many black people,” is a real problem.
- It is therefore a valid reason not to attend a fireworks show.
- There were just too many black people at Navy Pier yesterday.
- Navy Pier gets shot up only when there are “too many black people in one place” — Navy Pier, presumably.
- Indeed, due to a surfeit of black people, the Fourth of July fireworks show at Navy Pier in Chicago represents no less than one thousand ways to die.
- Today, white people “can officially believe all black people are ghetto.”
- The Fundamental Theorem of Independence Day Violence: the Navy Pier, multiplied by “too many black people,” multiplied by fireworks, equals “fuckery.”
- “I ABSOLUTELY HATE BLACK PEOPLE.”
Last, but not least, here is a Siberian tiger kitty.
More Independence Day mob violence, and more updates to the Officially Not Racist list, will follow.