Chicago, Illinois Crime Roundup: May 2012
May 14th, 2012 by Unamused
Chicago, IL is 32% White, 33% Black, 29% Hispanic, and 5.5% Asian. That is, other than a small Asian minority, the city is almost evenly split between Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics. What I’d like to know is: who’s committing all the crime?
The Chicago Tribune knows: “Mugs in the news” is their collection of arrest photos from the Chicago area. Yes, that’s the Chicago “You’re Racist for Noticing that Gangs of Black People Have Been Attacking Random White People All over the City for over a Week Now” Tribune.
I am not particularly surprised that the Tribune chose to advertise “Mugs in the news” with arrest photos of a White woman who filed a false police report (number 9 below) and a White man who apparently committed the crime of “Missing tennis racket” (I don’t know either).
Anyway, I looked at the first two dozen mugshots. This is what I found, with nothing left out. Because I’m raciss, I’ve decided to highlight all the perpetrators who are neither White nor East Asian. Because I’m super-raciss, I’ve decided to highlight all the crimes of violence as well, plus a case — three, actually — of sexual exploitation of a child (number 14 below).
See if you notice any patterns. Remember: besides a small Asian minority (5.5%), Chicago is almost evenly split between Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics.
- A 23-year-old Black male stabbed a woman multiple times in the neck, killing her, in a “domestic-related attack”. The charge is first-degree murder.
- A 43-year-old Black male, who “has been arrested more than 40 times since 1986 on various charges including, battery, forgery, DUI, and drug possession charges,” had a female acquaintance meet him at a motel. When she refused his “sexual advances,” “he began punching her in the face and then continued to beat and sexually assault [rape] the woman for ‘a few hours’… The woman eventually lost consciousness, officials said.” The charge is aggravated battery and aggravated criminal sexual assault.
- A 22-year-old Black female “threw a puppy off her third-floor balcony, breaking its leg, then laughed about it in front of arresting officers.” One of the responding officers has adopted the dog. The charge is aggravated cruelty to animals, a felony. Yeah, I’m counting that as a violent crime.
- A middle-aged White couple from Peoria, convicted of fraud for a million-dollar Ponzi scheme, were arrested in rural Arizona and will be extradited to Illinois. The charges are money laundering and conspiracy to commit bank and mail fraud.
- A young Hispanic male met two women at a nightclub, shot one to death, and kidnapped and raped the second. The charges are murder and aggravated criminal sexual assault. At some point during the night, he picked up a second young Hispanic male, who is also being charged with murder.
- An 18-year-old Black male started shooting randomly into a crowd for no apparent reason, “wounding five people before fleeing directly into the hands of officers”: a 16-year-old, an 18-year-old, and three 21-year-olds. The charge is aggravated discharge of a gun, which doesn’t quite cover it.
- A 28-year-old gang-affiliated Black male shot another man multiple times, killing him, after arguing with the victim on the phone “about the price of drugs and about [the victim] sleeping with [the arrestee’s] girlfriend.” The charge is first-degree murder.
- A 47-year-old Asian male, Rajat Prakash (you figure it out), has been charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse for locking a female patient in his SUV and engaging in some “inappropriate touching” when he was supposed to be discussing her medical information. This was “about three days after he was accused in a separate inappropriate touching incident,” also involving a female patient, for which he has been charged with misdemeanor battery.
- Something for the men’s rights activists: A 22-year-old White woman has been charged with felony disorderly conduct for falsely accusing a male acquaintance of raping her.
- A 46-year-old White man has been charged with “terrorism/making a false threat” and disorderly conduct for “making 911 calls threatening massacres at Frankfort and New Lenox high schools” because “he enjoyed watching the police response,” on one occasion even timing the police with a stop watch.
- A 16-year-old Black male has been charged with armed robbery for stealing cell phones from three other teenagers, including a classmate, while armed with a f***ing shotgun.
- A 35-year-old Black man “under guard at a hospital punched a police officer and ran naked two blocks to a car dealership, where he was turned away and finally caught by police.” His initial arrest was for buying heroin. The charges are aggravated battery to a police officer and escape from a peace officer.
- Two White Notre Dame football players have been charged with various misdemeanors, including one count of battery, for being drunk assholes after police broke up a “loud party” off campus. (I’m surprised Alex Pareene isn’t all over this. Hey, maybe he finally killed himself!)
- A 24-year-old Hispanic male has been charged with three counts of sexual exploitation of a child and public indecency because he “on four different occasions watched through open windows females inside his neighbor’s home in the Summerhill subdivision while exposing and fondling himself.” Three of the incidents involved girls under 17.
- An Hispanic male has been charged with felony aggravated DUI and misdemeanor DUI charges “following a crash that seriously injured a Chicago police sergeant.” He was also “issued several tickets, including criminal damage to government property, failing to reduce his speed, driving on a suspended license and disobeying a traffic signal.”
- A 29-year-old Asian female, Christine Ahn, has been charged with felony aggravated driving while under the influence resulting in death for a fatal car crash last Christmas Eve.
- A 62-year-old White male has been charged with possession of cannabis with intent to deliver and cannabis trafficking “after being arrested near Elgin with $250,000 worth of high-grade marijuana.”
- A 24-year-old Black male “grabbed money and lottery tickets from a 65-year-old woman as she sat on a sidewalk bench.” The arrestee “told detectives that he needed the money to pay his cell phone bill.” The charge is felony robbery.
- A 24-year-old Black female stabbed her boyfriend to death for cheating on her. At her bond hearing, her pastor called her “an upstanding young woman,” the female version of he was a good kid. The charge is first-degree murder.
- A 22-year-old Black male “already on probation for a cocaine conviction was arrested again on Monday for carrying more than a dozen small bags containing the drug into a drug-treatment facility at the Cook County Jail.” The charge is bringing contraband into a penal institution.
- A 28-year-old Black woman “tried to cash in on the record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot with a ticket she bought online eight minutes after the winning numbers were drawn.” The charges are wire fraud, attempted theft and forgery.
The obvious lesson, which no one in the world should need to be told, is this: if you don’t want to become a victim of violent crime in Chicago (or anywhere else, for that matter), then pay extra attention to Blacks, Hispanics, and those Middle Eastern types, because they’re the ones who do it.
Like, all of it.
As I’ve said before, stereotypes are nothing more than statistical truths, and that includes racial stereotypes. As a result, racial stereotyping — known as “profiling,” and considered extra bad, when it involves criminals — is in fact rational and therefore good.
So profile with pride!